*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/694812-Newport---Folder-Enhancements
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#694812 added April 30, 2010 at 10:38pm
Restrictions: None
Newport - Folder Enhancements!
Greetings Members!

We appreciate everyone's feedback on the updated folder system in our Newport update. Most everyone loves the speed and ease of use the new in-line folder system provides. One thing we heard from a lot of members was a desire for personalization of your folders, and it was something we definitely wanted to provide. Being conscience of the space limitations, as the contents of folders opened in-line are indented, we're not able to show the existing folder "body" area -- many members format that area to use the entire width of the page. So, we decided the best solution was to provide a completely new field!

*Bullet* Our new Folder Summary allows you to add up to 750 characters of text that's automatically loaded and shown when a visitor opens a folder within your portfolio. 'Small' WritingML tags work in this area (such as {b}, {item}, {post}), but not big tags (such as {image}, {bitem}, etc).

You can add or change a folder's summary by using the item's edit form. The new field is located just above where you enter the larger folder "item body".

This new summary is optional. If it's not filled in, the system won't show anything above the folder's contents when its opened in-line.

*Bullet* In addition, two new links have been added to opened folders: Close Folder || Go to Folder
Placed both above and below the folder's contents, these are super convenient for port surfers who want to move on from or see more of a folder.


If you have any questions or problems with any of these Newport updates, please drop a post in "Beta Tests: Comments.

Enjoy! *Smile*
~~SM

© Copyright 2010 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/694812-Newport---Folder-Enhancements