*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/695035-Im-not-the-only-one
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#695035 added May 2, 2010 at 11:04pm
Restrictions: None
I'm not the only one.
    I had a revelation today. Someone was telling a story that happened to him recently, and he commented that the guy looked so old. Of course, they were the same age, but he couldn't believe that the man looked so much older. Then he grinned and said, "I'm glad that I don't look that old."
    I feel that same way all the time. I'm shocked to see people my age or a few years younger who look so old. Oh, I'm so glad I don't look that bad. I'm not gray, and I don't color my hair. (In fact my hair is still shiny and healthy looking and soft, precisely because I don't color it or perm it.) I may not like what I see in the mirror, but I don't look as old as other people my age. No, I don't want any body else's opinion. My own will suffice. (Let me have this delusion.)
    And of course, my slowness of movement is due to stiffness, not age. The arthritis in my right foot and left knee are premature, too. And if my joints hurt when the one year old goes home, that's just because I was spoiling her a lot, not because I'm old.
      I suppose if the two of us are typical, then the people I think are old-looking, then when those "old" people look at me, they're thinking the same thing, "Gosh, she sure looks old compared to me!" Of course, they're wrong.

© Copyright 2010 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/695035-Im-not-the-only-one