*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/695518-Lacrosse-Players
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#695518 added May 7, 2010 at 10:03pm
Restrictions: None
Lacrosse Players
      The rich boy, with a criminal record already for minor violent acts, kicked in the door of his ex-girlfriend's bedroom in her apartment with other girls. Not a big person, he was bigger than her. Both were athletes; both played college lacrosse. He picked her up by the neck and slammed her head into the wall.
      She was found dead, covered with bruises, and blood. So far, he doesn't deny being there. His lawyer says, "It was an accident."
      The rumor is that he was drinking. The lacrosse coach admits alcohol is a problem for lacrosse players. He has banned all drinking except on Saturday night. Who enforces that? If it's such a big problem, why aren't these students getting counseling or training in this area?
      Drunk or not, why do men, especially young men, get the idea that they can abuse women? Why should any woman for any reason receive bruises or cuts or get thrown by someone who claims to like her, and probably sleeps with her? If he wouldn't treat his brother or teammate like that, why treat a woman like that? Does he think she's his property? Does he abuse children and pets, too?

    And how can this murder be an accident? He kicked in the door! That sounds like he was pretty motivated and in an advanced state of rage. Anger management, alcohol abuse, spouse/partner abuse, spoiled rich boy syndrome--there's no excuse. He ran out of control, and now his life is worthless. A jail record will always follow him, once he's out, no doubt he'll get an early parole on a lightened charge. Without serious therapy, will any partner ever be safe with him? If he has any conscience while sober, will the guilt ever leave him alone?

    There's only questions. For him, for their friends, for other students of the university, for her family and loved ones. How tragic that two lives should be ruined or lost so young, because he never learned any self-control.

© Copyright 2010 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/695518-Lacrosse-Players