*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/695774-Blog-stew
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#695774 added May 10, 2010 at 2:59pm
Restrictions: None
Blog stew
I had pneumonia. Can you believe it? I've hit forty and started doing things like contracting pneumonia. I have no idea what brought that on - possibly a sinus infection that I was too stingy to go to the doctor for. I got some old yucky bitter cough syrup, but which I have swallowed religiously since it does the job. I had coughed so much that all my muscles hurt.

I had a Hyundai Sonata that had almost 174,000 miles on it. We bought this new Ford Expedition, so we really needed to get rid of the Sonata, even though it still ran good. The insurance was too much. I wasn't even trying to sell it because in the back of my mind I wanted to keep it. A teenage girl at our church told us she wanted it. I got started telling her everything that was wrong with it, which really wasn't much: it wants to skip when first starting, high mileage, crumpled front fender that makes the driver door not open all the way. She wanted it anyway, so now she has it. I really didn't need it, but I still wanted to cry when that heifer drove it out of my driveway.

This morning my dog was still in my bed when I got out, so I made the bed with her in it.

The third, fourth, and fifth graders at our school are taking their yearly standardized test starting tomorrow and going through Thursday. They are in the auditorium right now having a pep rally. I can hear all the yelling all the way down to the library, which is precisely why I didn't go. A pep rally for a test? Do they really think that is going to raise scores for all these little crack babies? Please. If their were a reality show called Extreme Stupidity, that would be on it.

My little boy is playing his violin in the talent show Friday. He can play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

Summer is coming.

That is all that has floated to the top of my brain. Bye bye.


© Copyright 2010 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/695774-Blog-stew