*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/696710-A-Justified-Story-of-a-Wandering-Hole-punch
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#696710 added May 19, 2010 at 3:59pm
Restrictions: None
A Justified Story of a Wandering Hole-punch
Allow me the tell you the saga of the hole-punch.

Back in the fall I ordered a fancy hole-punch for my library. I spent around twelve dollars of the school's money for it. It is much better than the little pitiful $2.00 hole-punch I had been using that would only do one page at a time.

Some time in October, my principal wanted to borrow my nice new hole-punch and took it across the hall to her office. She returned it that same day, placing it on top of the bookshelf closest to the door. Stupid me just left it there instead of putting it up. I stayed late that afternoon working on something that needed finishing before the next day. I look up and the principal's best friend, a third-grade teacher, was getting my hole-punch to take across the hall to the office.

I keep my mouth shut. A few months go by. Spring comes. I come up needing my hole-punch. I decide to play stupid and go ask the principal's secretary if she has a hole-punch I can borrow since mine has "disappeared." She starts cutting her eyes toward the principal's door to let me know what happened to it. I said "Oh!" and just pretended that I wasn't worried about it.

About five minutes later, here came the secretary into the library with the hole-punch. I was impressed. In my mind, that was the end of it. The hole-punch had come home. I had been putting it into my desk drawer when I wasn't using it so it wouldn't be in plain sight.

Imagine me thinking that it would be safe in my desk drawer. When I came in to work yesterday, I went to use it and it was gone. My principal had evidently come into the library and looked into every drawer until she found it.

This is outrageous to me. Going through my desk drawers when I'm not here? And she doesn't care that I know it.

My assistant and the secretary are good friends. My assistant went and talked to the secretary. Once again, the secretary came in here within five minutes carrying the hole-punch.

I now have it under lock-and-key.

I haven't said a word to her about this. She hasn't said a word to me about it. She's retiring at the end of the year. I'm hoping we can slide through to the end of the year without words about this.

Looking through my desk drawers! Did she not know how unprofessional this made her look?

© Copyright 2010 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/696710-A-Justified-Story-of-a-Wandering-Hole-punch