*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698460-First-day-of-summer
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#698460 added June 7, 2010 at 3:20pm
Restrictions: None
First day of summer
My first official day of summer.

Last night I typed out chore lists for the kids. What a miracle! Just this simple thing has inspired them to go ahead and do what they need to do because they want to hurry up and check everything off and be through for the day. This is something I can definetly recommend if you have kids. They are back in their bedrooms even as we speak practicing their violin for thirty minutes.

Reading for thirty minutes is on there too. A few minutes ago they took a break and played Frogger on this game that you plug into the TV. Earlier, we were playing Scrabble and singing along to the songs on my iPod. They will be mini-Mrs. Whatsits before you know it.

Guess what else? I typed up another sheet where they have to get fined for arguing, whining, not listening, etc. That way, when they get their allowance for completing their chores, so much per infraction will be subtracted. Mwahahaha!

Hubby is preaching a funeral.

I am reading Cheaper by the Dozen and The Return of the King.

Blessings!

L
" . . .my doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and
a natural deficiency in moral fiber . . ."
Douglas Adams


© Copyright 2010 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698460-First-day-of-summer