*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/696767-Keep-Breathing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#696767 added May 20, 2010 at 12:43pm
Restrictions: None
Keep Breathing
Life seems to have gone into fast forward mode and I fear I'll soon be meeting myself coming backwards or disappear up my own backside.

Still in limbo as regards my Dad's discharge from hospital with different, confusing scenarios being given by different departments. Why can't these people communicate and get their act together? It seems the virus is still lurking on the ward, but the 72 hour clear period is being ignored and patients facing discharge. However, Dad needs a care package in place and that needs 48 hours notice to the providers, so it won't be until next week sometime before he is allowed home. But then the goal posts keep moving, so who really knows anything?

My sister is on alert while we're away and I know she'll do her best to make sure things go smoothly. But of course, the unknown will be worrying and I just hope if he does go home, there'll be no more disasters for a while. I won't hold my breath however.

On the other family front, I have spoken reasonably and calmly to my son and my main concern is to keep up a good relationship with him and be there if or when he needs support. I have not heard a word from my daughter-in-law and of course, now I'm not her Facebook friend (na na na na na *Pthb*) cannot read any further insults or abuse she may have posted. But being the mature and sensible person I am...cough...I will bide my time quietly, keep cool, calm and collected and leave her to stew maybe think through her actions and possibly realise her hurtful words and attitude are not acceptable. I won't hold my breath there either.

So, ash clouds and lady luck permitting we'll be flying out to Skiathos early tomorrow morning for a week. I gather internet access out there is very limited, so it seems silly to take the netbook, but I will post a quick hello if the opportunity presents itself. Some sunshine, change of scenery, reading, swimming, walking and vino will indeed make a welcome break.

Of course the weather here is starting to improve and I predict a heatwave in England while we're away and some freak conditions over Greece. Just keep everything crossed for me there are no disasters here or there, but yet again I won't hold my breath. So, I better finish packing, though with all that's going on and the amount of stuff I have to tackle I could end up taking my father's underwear and hanging my sundresses in his wardrobe.

So wish me luck, be good and au revoir until the next riveting chapter in the life of Scarlett. Don't hold your breath however...

© Copyright 2010 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/696767-Keep-Breathing