*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/697296-Fair-and-Balanced
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#697296 added May 25, 2010 at 4:10pm
Restrictions: None
Fair and Balanced?

Interesting news story today:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/25/fox-news-video-omits-appl_n_588447.html...

Apparently Fox News omitted (they claim a technical problem... how convenient) applause for President Obama's speech in their video of him at the West Point graduation ceremony, making it look as if his words met with crickets from the graduating class and their loved ones. I'm not going to rant about how biased Fox News is (that would be a very long blog entry), but I do want to say that it's truly shameful when a news organization, which is supposed to value fair and balanced reporting, only presents the unaltered truth when it coincides with their views... and the rest of the time allows "glitches" (or flat-out alters a story) to misrepresent what really happened in a situation.

How can we as a society expect ourselves - and our children - to think for ourselves and be independent, discerning individuals, when the media only presents the version of the story they want us to hear... to the point of omitting critical information? *Worry*

It's a sad day when the media ignores objectivity in favor of personal commentary and agenda. *Frown*

© Copyright 2010 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/697296-Fair-and-Balanced