*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/697762-May-31Memorial-DayUS----------165-wc
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1342524
Reading, Writing, Pondering: Big Life Themes, Literature, Contemporary/Historical Issues
#697762 added May 31, 2010 at 10:13am
Restrictions: None
May 31_Memorial Day_U.S. 165 wc
Today is Memorial Day in the U.S., the day when many visit the final resting places of loved ones and in which we all are called upon to commemmorate those who have died in the cause of Freedom, whenever and wherever (in time and in geographic locale). Sadly, in whatever War or Conflict, there are always too many lost, both military and civilians.


I experienced an intriguing version of this yesterday evening on Facebook: a Canadian gentleman posted a status message honoring Canadian soldiers. It was well-written and articulate, and I offered to repost with credit to him. I did so, and he responded to tell me that he himself had served 11 years in the Canadian reserves, was a third-generation Canadian military, and is considering moving to the States to enlist!


Now, that is dedication.





No free read today: instead, let us remember all those who have perished to keep us free, not just in the States, but throughout the world.





May Freedom Ring!

© Copyright 2010 Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer (UN: fantasywrider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/697762-May-31Memorial-DayUS----------165-wc