*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/697864-June-1505-Word-Count
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1342524
Reading, Writing, Pondering: Big Life Themes, Literature, Contemporary/Historical Issues
#697864 added June 1, 2010 at 6:42pm
Restrictions: None
June 1_505 Word Count



June 1-new month, almost the longest day of the year , very soon-June 20. I am racking my brains considering what to make my Writing goals for June; I will be  participating in the June Novel Workshop on Sequels. Probably because of this I will be finishing either Book Three of The Testament Logging Corporation Chronicles, of which I wrote 20 chapters March 22-31. I might even get energetic and ambitious, and continue Book Three of The Mediumistic Mary Series which I began in early December and worked on into February, which has 6 chapters.





I thought y'all might be interested in some of my thoughts on Sequels and the terms for novel series, as we begin the Sequels workshop:





I have three “series-in-Progress” (and no completes). For NaNoWriMo 2007, I wrote a novel to which I wrote a sequel (in immediate chronological order) for NaNoWriMo 2009; then I started the third (again, staying in immediate chronology) early in December 2009.





On Dec. 9, I had a new inspiration and started a novel I entitled The Phantom Logging Operation, a haunted historical-horror. By March 1 I began its sequel (The Haunted GreenHouse, a haunted historical-horror-dark fantasy, which included a lot of sorcery-white and black; ceremonial magick, and New Age metaphysics). I finished TPLO} on March 11, and THG on March 22. Now, these two are a direct progression, and are stand-alones, although some of the same characters and settings carry over. Yet, like the third book, they are both part of The Testament Logging Corporation Chronicles. The third book I began on March 23, and wrote 20 chapters by March 31-but paused to write a stage play for April Script Frenzy.


The third book, Child Puppets of The Testament Logging Corporation, is  pretty much completely a stand-alone, though again some of the characters recur.





I call this series “Chronicles” in the medieval sense: a collection of tales (like Chaucer's), in which some charactes and settings recur. Here, the “main” protagonist is the evil, otherworldly, Testament Corporation.





The third series-in-Progress is The Civil War Series, which began with a Stage Play in April, and is now at five  books planned: two chapters written in Book One, and  ten chapters of Book Five. If I manage to complete all five, there will be a logical-chronological-progression, from 1854 to 1870.








I gave my definition of “Chronicle” above. As for “Saga” in a book title, I immediately expect it to be fantasy of the pretentious category which will metaphorically put me to sleep; so I tend to pass that on by LOL. “Adventures”? Well,  that strikes me personally as being Indiana Jones-type stuff; so again, I'd probably pass it on by. (Or similar to the “Choose-Your-Own-Adventure” type middle school books. Fun to a point.) Obviously my personal preference is “Chronicles” *Wink*





from www.dictionary.com:





“chronicle


c.1300, from O.Fr. chronique,  from L. chronica,  from Gk. khronika (biblia)  "(books of) annals," neut. pl. of khronikos  "of time." The verb is from c.1440. “



© Copyright 2010 Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer (UN: fantasywrider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/697864-June-1505-Word-Count