*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698346-Cant-Wait
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #964073
Just because someone can't be seen, doesn't mean they're unimportant.
#698346 added June 6, 2010 at 5:51pm
Restrictions: None
Can't Wait
Do you want to tell me what's been going on?

I shrug. "Same old disappointment. I told you things weren't going to work out with Miss B."

You never wanted things to work out with her, if I recall correctly.

I frown at her. A rare thing. "The problem with being an intelligent person is that you can always tell when a dumbass is trying to make a fool out of you. I saw her coming a mile away. I saw her true motivation. She wants to move in with me, and have her raise her kids. Oh hell no."

Well, you could have gotten a decent fuck out of it.

I cover my mouth in surprise. "You're joking right?"

She chuckles good-naturedly. Of course. She wasn't very safe, was she?

"No. She said she had never used protection with anyone before. That was a dealbreaker for me. That and the horrible smell coming from her mouth." I wrinkled my nose, remembering the rotten stench that seemed to eminate from underneath her gold-plated teeth. "All that glitters isn't gold." I sigh. "Well, I did try."

She nods at me. You did.

"She kept pushing the issue of wanting to sleep with me, for about two weeks, and then she gave up. Said we were better off as friends." I smirked at Her. "Can't say I didn't tell you so."

You told me so. I just wanted you to play out that particular scenario until the very end. You would have always been curious about her, otherwise.

I nod. "It was a good idea. I needed the practice anyway." I lean back, and she rests her hands on my shoulders. "I guess this means I'm going to be alone for awhile, doesn't it?"

She runs her fingers through my hair, still curly and wet from the shower. Lots of people are surrounded by people, and they're still alone. You chose your friends carefully, and lovers even more so. That's nothing to be ashamed. In fact it's admirable.

I smile. "Thank you. Do you still think I'm on my island?"

You have a tendancy to creep back to it when you feel threatened, but I would say your main residence is the mainland. Welcome back.
© Copyright 2010 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698346-Cant-Wait