*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698999-Saturday-at-last
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#698999 added June 12, 2010 at 3:41pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday at last
Jalál (Glory), 8 Núr (Light), 167 BE – Saturday, June 12, 2010 about 12:19 PM Pacific Time

I used to look forward to Saturday, but now it is just another day. I am not sure when this changed, but I do not like the change. I want to look forward to Saturday or Sunday or any day of the week. Now one day seems like the last, the only difference is the name of the day. The days seem interchangeable and the same. I think I am in a rut, which is getting deeper all the time. I need to build myself a ladder and climb out of my rut.

The last few days I have worked for the 2010 Census in quality control. I attended a meeting everyday, contacted the people I needed to contact, made out my time sheet, and checked my work. The only thing that seems to do is emphasize the depth of my rut. After I finish the census work, I go back to the same old routine. I am weary of the same old routine.

I think part of the problem is that I cannot see any progress. I do the same thing everyday and nothing seems to change. The situation does not get worse or better, at least that is the way I see it. I could be wrong, but I do not see any progress, perhaps if I change the routine a little that might help. Maybe I need a vacation or a stay-cation; the stay-cation (I hope that is how the word is spelled) would help. It would get me out of my rut and it would get Mom out of the house.

I still have one item to finish for the census this week. I am going to attempt to contact that individual later this afternoon. I pray I can contact him because I have a meeting with my team leader in the morning.


© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698999-Saturday-at-last