*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699011-June-11---Raft
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1568380
Hodgepodge of things. Contest entries, short stories, scenes, my newsletters and other ...
#699011 added June 12, 2010 at 7:20pm
Restrictions: None
June 11 - Raft
Colorectal cancer was tearing up Herb's insides. He could feel the blood seep from his body into the pad he wore to catch it. The doctors had given him a few weeks to live. That was if he went through with the treatment they wanted him to follow. Two, maybe three months of misery to finish his life. Naw, he said to himself.
Bucketlist
He wrote on a piece of paper. There wasn't much on it.
*Bullet* Eat charred barbecue lunches as often as he wanted to
*Bullet* Smoke cigars
*Bullet* Have one last extreme outdoor experience

His wife Mildred of thirty years had decided that white water rafting was going to be as crazy as they would dare to be. She arranged it all. She made the booking, she found a team of experienced rafters that was willing to take them along.
Going down a particularly nasty part of the river Herb felt life trickle out of him. But he felt more alive than ever before.

© Copyright 2010 Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT (UN: annette at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699011-June-11---Raft