*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699141-June-13---Cave
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1568380
Hodgepodge of things. Contest entries, short stories, scenes, my newsletters and other ...
#699141 added June 14, 2010 at 1:27am
Restrictions: None
June 13 - Cave
Kelly and Peter held hands and gazed in awe at the cave walls, ceiling, and the many stalactites. For their honeymoon the Texans had hoped to be able to travel to far away lands. Finances had forced them to stay closer to home. Although both were natives of Austin, they realized there was a lot about their city and surroundings they had never seen. So, instead of two weeks of doing nothing on a cruise ship and get fat, they went to a different local attraction and slept at home every night.
Today, they had driven the twenty miles north to the Inner Space Cavern. Kelly rubbed her arms and giggled. "It's so cool in here. It would be nice to live here."
Peter chuckled. He liked the freshness too. But he also liked the comforts of the home they had bought right before getting married. He put an arm around Kelly and said, "The beauty of experiencing attractions this close the home is that we can easily come back here anytime we want."
Kelly nodded. "Yes. You know, now I am glad we didn't go on a world tour of places we would have a hard time to get back to. These caves will always be right here."
They followed the tour guide through the different chambers until they went back out into the light. The sun's bright light and the heat of midday Texas hit them. It was nice to see the sky again.



© Copyright 2010 Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT (UN: annette at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699141-June-13---Cave