*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699303-Fare-Thee-Well
by Dee
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1657895
Just got the best surprise in a long time...from an anonymous person.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#699303 added June 15, 2010 at 11:31am
Restrictions: None
Fare Thee Well
The first song I learned in my high school music class was Fare Thee Well. It might have something to do with the fact that my high school teacher could read minds and knew that given a chance we'd quit the class. This is what we did some few weeks later when we were given the chance to choose our subjects. It's not that music was not fun, it was but we had to do some theoretical lessons before we were allowed to touch the prized instruments. Those were the good times and everything good must come to an end. Today marks the end of a journey I began some few months ago. Looking back to that time I am amazed by how far I have come. If someone had asked me then where I would be three months later, I would have given a different answer. Yet here I am sad at leaving something I have come to love, to accept as part of me and to be proud of. It has been a short journey one I owe to someone who saw something in me and gave me a chance. Have I reached my destination? No but I will and even though it pains me to alight at this stop, it’s a stop I have to take and use it to my advantage. It is just one of the many stops I will have to take as my journey continues. I have no idea where I go from here but I know that when I get there I will know it. My mind may not be conscious of it but I trust my heart to lead me to my destiny. I can not begin to say how this journey has enriched my soul and given me ideas, some of them hidden somewhere in my subconscious just waiting for an opportunity like this to be revealed. Thanks to all who offered me their support by chipping in, giving me ideas n how to improve my blog, urging me to go on especially the bad days when I was so stressed writing was impossible. Without you I wouldn't have made it this far. This goes to all those who believed in me and gave me a chance to prove myself. The day might have come but there's still a lot I have to offer and though my blog will not be available you can still check me out in so many other places. Even if I am gone there are still lots of other writers like me out there. Writers who know they want to write but don't know how to express themselves. People who have talents they are afraid to use, afraid because they have been ridiculed, afraid because they are not the best they can be. They too deserve a chance; they too deserve to be heard. Give them the opportunity to let out their inner voices, to release the star within.

© Copyright 2010 Dee (UN: teniola at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699303-Fare-Thee-Well