*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699433-Talking-to-Aunt-Dot-along-the-river
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nature · #1439094
Look around. Let Nature nurture your Soul. I record images I sense and share them here.
#699433 added June 16, 2010 at 9:03pm
Restrictions: None
Talking to Aunt Dot along the river...
Clark Fork of the Columbia
2010, June 16

I swear the raindrops were white and had wings. Past the flowering pine, the pink bush with reddish leaves, past fields of yellow mustard and pea-like plants, the purple venus-looking-glass, blue flax.

The flooding river roared, lapped against the wet brown sand, depositing flotsam in the riverine pools, white foam of waves.

Talking to Aunt Dot in Carolina about the humid heat of Carolina. She who walks with an umbrella to fend off sun speaks of the failure to find a cheap flight to Phoenix next December.

Dodging June's cold misty rain, I wonder whether they are white. Do they have wings?

Note: It snowed (a lot) June 11, 2008, so it's hard to banish the thought that it's not snow. Was it? I dunno.

Other images today: brown leaves nestled by the new-green leaves of maples; my notepad getting wet; the roar of traffic; three bicycles, two joggers swinging past, avoiding the mud; a bridge over the ditch (now a rushing stream); my bladder talking back at me, me holding it in.
196

© Copyright 2010 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699433-Talking-to-Aunt-Dot-along-the-river