*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699978-Logging-in
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#699978 added June 24, 2010 at 1:42am
Restrictions: None
Logging in
Nothing in particular in mind and it's past my bedtime, but I want to write something. The twins are with me for the week while Bill is gone, and Vacation Bible School is going on from 9-3 each day. Supposedly I could work at least 5 hours each day, more than I usually do as a matter of fact, but I have not. Yesterday I forgot my cell phones in the rush to get them out the door, and making the 22mi round trip hooked me into staying home and getting some other things done, like picking up after ten-year-olds. Today I actually saw two patients, but ran home for a bathroom trip and to check on the plumber who was supposed to come yesterday.

Our irrigation water needed a mend. Bill had only recently turned it on, using a 'key', a long pipe with an end that fits the faucet that is 18" down. Unfortunately he'd left the key in the hole, not for ever but for too long. An old (88 yrs) friend of ours drove into the driveway and ran over the key, and now the cutoff valve to the irrigation water has leaked enough to fill the hole and make a puddle in the gravel driveway. So I called a plumber.

The pump on the 16' above ground pool was running when we left this morning. (I sent Sophie out to check.) It was not running when we came home at 3:30. They had a good swim anyway, and I read a little while playing with the dog. Lola has decided it's great fun to drop her tennis balls into either the pool or the fish pond. She fell in the other day, we noticed when she was completely wet and came running inside. A slate had slipped into the pond, so we know what probably happened. Why that's fun, to drop a ball in and then try to paddle it back to grab with her mouth, we haven't figured out, but she'll stick her whole head underwater trying to get it.

I read the kids three chapters of The Magician's Nephew, from the Narnia series by C.S. Lewis, before they went to sleep. Jack did the math and told me I'd have to read more than 2 a night if they were to finish before going back to Spokane. If we take them on Saturday, I'll have to read more than that. I suggested their mom might have to finish the job, but they said she doesn't ever read to them any more. She's too tired. This week, her chemo week, will certainly not be a good one for that. They could read the book themselves, but that isn't the same. It may be cooler and rainy tomorrow, and so maybe we could have a daytime reading session as well.

Guess that's about it for tonight. I'm finishing a glass of wine as I write, but need to get to bed myself. Pleasant dreams to all of you.

© Copyright 2010 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699978-Logging-in