*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/700599-Spa-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1684115
A cozy place of my own in the buzzing town of Blogville, the city that truly never sleeps.
#700599 added July 1, 2010 at 1:57pm
Restrictions: None
Spa Day
Despite the fact that I am still pale today, I feel much better and have continued drinking fluids and eating. This afternoon I have a hair cut scheduled, and I'm debating how I want to have it cut... Hmm... I'd like it shorter, but I need to be able to have it up for work. Plus I enjoy styling it over the summer, the only time I have time to spare for fashion.

I'm having a litle spa day -- I showered and lathered with one of my favorite lotions; it's from Bath & Body Works and it's from a line last year called "Naked" and emits a light summery scent called "Cotton Dress" as a light shea butter. Also, now that I have stopped biting my nails, a chronic anxiety habit I dropped almost immediately after leaving high school, my mother decided to invest in Nail Tek for me. Nail Tek is a polish that is sold at Merle Norman (and probably other places) and comes in all varieties to strengthen nails of any kind. Mine is "Intensive Therapy for soft, peeling nails" and has been helping solidifying where my nails are flaking from chewing. They come in a series that changes after six months and helps create ideal nails. My mother swears by Nail Tek as she used to have problematic nails that are now long and beautiful. My grandmother, great-aunt and her partner also use them for the various flaws in their nails that have kicked in with age.

My sister dropped off some of her clothes that she didn't want any more, including some she'd never even worn, and I have been mixing and matching to see what I like best. Some of them are flattering for my body type and are comfortable, so I am trying to figure out how I want to pair them with things from my own wardrobe. My sister worked at JC Penny's years ago and is an excellent shopper, so her clothes are not hand-me-downs that I'm embarrassed to wear.

As for the hair, I would like a little hint of Jackie Kennedy style in it. I love her style and it's not too dated at this point in time. Some of her hairstyles are not too short, but a nice bob length. Hmmm... I'll give you an update later.

Also, I am scraping through my money stashes to see if I can buy another copy of a Harry Potter book while I have a 33% off coupon for a bookstore where I hold a membership. One by one I am re-purchasing the series to have a set to take with me for my dorm room. Harry Potter has always held a great source of comfort for me, and it is something I turn to when I get bored of reading, a phase that hits every now and then. Last night I finished HBP before falling asleep. After gobbling over half of the Narnia books quickly, I grew sick of them and needed a break before returning to them. Today I'll probably read more of my book on First Ladies.

Saving the best for last -- I will be around to read everyone's blogs later this evening, I hope, because I have been neglecting them with all of the surprises these past few days have held. Sorry everyone, but I am coming!

© Copyright 2010 Jackie Laclède (UN: jacqueline at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jackie Laclède has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/700599-Spa-Day