*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/700695-Unfinished-Business
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#700695 added July 3, 2010 at 6:08am
Restrictions: None
Unfinished Business
I fully intended posting another poetic blog entry today. I've started two random thought poems, but as is my way have failed to complete either. Despite breaking from the Friday bog ( toilet) cleaning habit, I still don't seem to find the time to settle to anything. Maybe all the years of parent caring, family traumas and never having a minute to spare have resulted in butterfly brain syndrome, or maybe that's just an excuse.

However, I have decided to alter my approach to writing. I have set up a folder for free writes and am hoping to add to it as and when inspiration strikes, as opposed to keeping a list of things to complete or write, then failing. Let the words fly free. There are no rules set in stone and I'm giving myself free rein to write when, where, how and what when the mood strikes. Who knows what the result of this will be.

I'm not hinting for views or reviews as I've never believed in that approach. More a reminder to myself to indulge more often in the sheer pleasure and often satisfying feeling we get from just winging it, writing on the hop or the pleasure of self indulgent writing.

But for tonight inspiration is low. More football on television, a day of constant hubby presence, an appointment tomorrow with dad and an optician do nothing for my creative soul. I question if I'll ever have a day I can call my own.

At least the mania of England winning the World Cup or a Brit (Scot) holding the Wimbledon trophy aloft are again over. I may never finish my uncompleted projects but at least I don't suffer from delusions. Well, only where Robbie, a flat belly, thin thighs, hubby having a night out and the price of carrots are concerned.

© Copyright 2010 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/700695-Unfinished-Business