*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/700898-MP3-Player
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1684115
A cozy place of my own in the buzzing town of Blogville, the city that truly never sleeps.
#700898 added July 5, 2010 at 5:14pm
Restrictions: None
MP3 Player
Ok, ok. I've been teased about donning a red purse carrying a stash of CDs and a Walkman that one person actually wouldn't touch because they were afraid it was something to do with aliens. *Rolleyes* I mean, did these people seriously not live through the '90s? We're young, but we're not THAT young. The most unfortunate part about living in such a small town is that I actually received a text from a friend apparently out of the blue informing me that MP3 players are more portable and hold more songs; when I asked him why he said this, he said, "I saw you walking in the park." *Pthb* Normally when people tell me I "need an MP3 player" I tell them that they are free to purchase one and I will be more than happy to use it.

Today my parents and I drove out of town to do some pre-college shopping for my dorm room. We stopped at Best Buy where they purchased a webcam with a built-in microphone so we can use Skype, and picked up a few other things. I found a new flashdrive I'll need, and headed over to the iPod and MP3 player table to price the available MP3 players. There was a reasonably priced Sony that met all the things I'd like in an MP3 player, and I've never had trouble with a Sony in my life. I have a Sony camera, Sony Walkman, Sony CD player in my room, and pretty well any electronic I have is of that brand. The employee I approached said no one had ever returned one or complained, and I decided to show it to my parents. They agreed I could reimburse them with birthday money and it is now lying, fully charged, on my desk, awaiting to be filled with songs I am transferring from my beloved CDs to my library.

So, Jackie is plunging headfirst into a new decade and a new phase of her life. The MP3 player I previously used was a gadget everyone brought back from Christmas break 2004, and held about thirty-five (short) songs. It only works part of the time, so I usually resort to lugging my red bag.

I'll fill it up a bit, eat dinner, and head to the park to warm up for my last evening of tennis practice. I'll update you later on its performance. *Smile*

© Copyright 2010 Jackie Laclède (UN: jacqueline at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jackie Laclède has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/700898-MP3-Player