*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/701182-Distractions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#701182 added July 9, 2010 at 6:50pm
Restrictions: None
Distractions
Doom and gloom day came and went with the usual supermarket run, delivering to Humpty (ie.dad) and humdrum trivia.

Tuesday I had to get up before I was ready to go to a friend's house for reflexology and an earbash. The afternoon meant local shopping, telephone calls relating to Humpty, followed by an evening with friends and another earbash. I wonder why I attract friends who can talk for England?

Wednesday was rather an unusual day, when a group of idiots dressed in clashing flourescent colours travelled to Nottingham by train to celebrate a friend's burpday. There are photographs on Facebook, but I won't be posting any here for the moment. This was a mere dress rehearsal, as next month the occasion will be repeated with even more colours, idiots and a stretched limo for my burpday. Watch this space.

Thursday meant back to humdrum, visiting Humpty, more phone calls and the promise to get round to some serious housework, creativity and planning for future events today. But you know what happens to plans.

Too hot and sticky for much housework. Too many phone calls and interruptions to focus on anything creative. Attempting to download songs for my burpday CD led to a chat with a friend on the topic of music and checking out their favourites instead. Is there a cure for butterfly brain syndrome?

Actually, all my activities, including typing, are being hampered by a mysterious and very painful swelling in my right hand. I've seen a pharmacist, visited the drop in centre at the local hospital, swallowed so many painkillers I now rattle as well as prattle, but all to no avail. I'm trying to avoid seeing the doctor, but when your dominant hand is restricted it sure makes you realise how much you use it and take it for granted. Being ambidextrous would come in very handy, if you'll excuse the pun.

Any hope of some rest and a tranquil weekend has now been shattered. We've just been blackmailed persuaded to have the grandmonsters, so it really is true there's no peace for the wicked or is it the good don't need any?

So roll on Monday I say, even if it does mean getting back on the treadmill of supermarkets and delivering to Humpty...

Stop the world - I want to get off. Anyone care to join me?

© Copyright 2010 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/701182-Distractions