*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/705056-Americas-Got-Talent-2010
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#705056 added September 1, 2010 at 12:10am
Restrictions: None
America's Got Talent 2010
  I've been working nights this summer, so I've missed at least the first half of each show, sometimes, the whole episode. The only ones I saw all the way were the early ones with the freaks and geeks still audtitioning. But I still have my favorites.
    Of the 24 semi-finalists, I hope these make it to the final ten: singers Michael Grimm, Debra Romer, and Alice Tan Ridley, Prince Poppycock, and Jackie Evancho. I also like the kite guy Connor Dean, the bike guy Jeremy Van Schoonhoven, the climbers Ascen Dance, Defying Gravity from Virginia Tech, the magician with the spiked hair and the disappearing train. There are some near misses, like Antonio Restivo-magician, the pianist, and more singers.
    If I had to pick my favorite, I couldn't choose between Fighting Gravity and Michael Grimm. But at this point, all 24 have had a big career boost. Jackie Evancho is just a kid, who's really only just discovering her gift and possibilities. She'll go far, no matter what. The rest could go back to the local scene, either gaining popularity as a professional entertainer, or beginning a part-time career entertaining where one didn't exist before. The exposure and experience have been helpful, no doubt. They've gained confidence, stage presence, new looks, and a more professional attitude. They really aren't losers even if they don't make it to the next level.
    Next year, maybe I'll skip the early episodes with all the creepy stuff, and wait for the more polished performances.

© Copyright 2010 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/705056-Americas-Got-Talent-2010