*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/705158-Thursday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#705158 added September 2, 2010 at 7:28am
Restrictions: None
Thursday
Have I seriously not blogged since Sunday? Sheesh. Although I have not been documenting my points, I *have* been keeping track, and I've been keeping it under 30. Go me.

My week:

Monday: Back from vacation. Keith took the week off to help at the studio, but they just started drywalling, so not much we can do. Worship planning meeting, Potbelly, biz planning, lessons. Meanwhile, my phone and email account were bombarded with queries about the school, because my (first-ever) Town Moneysaver ad ran in two towns. OMG, that advertising works.

Tuesday: Prepared for New Employee Orientation all morning. Keith dropped me off at Potbelly and shopped at Home Depot. I met my photographer at lunch (I have PICTURES of Summer Recital!), then went to the studio and worked with Chris, the office manager, while Keith worked on the restroom floor (which kicks ASS, appropriately for a restroom.) Then I held New Employee Orientation over pizza Tuesday evening, and I certified all our new teachers. They're really awesome.

Wednesday: Keith went back to work since they're still drywalling. I met with Chris before Potbelly, went to PB to play, then went back to meeting with Chris, and we worked until 9:30pm. We enrolled three students and have half a dozen other very strong potentials in progress. I ran payroll. *Thumbsup* Yay! I finally got to pay Chris!

Thursday: If I were still at Abbott, or Coca-Cola, or General Chemical, I would not be working today. *Gift1* Traditionally, I don't work on my birthday. *Gift2* (Side note: Birthday notifications are the best thing about Facebook! *Heart*) But this stuff isn't work, but rather fun stuff that people are willing to pay me for (*Question* don't ask me, I just work here *Question*), I'll be "working" all day. Potbelly at lunch and my own lessons tonight at a minimum, although I'll probably be updating my website with teacher bios and head shots and a "Computer Lab" page, developing a Mommy and Me Class description (for which we've had a surprising amount of interest despite the "Upcoming Classes" status and lack of description), and continue planning my Grand Opening. I've gotten an initial "probably" from my landlord on approval to set up a concert in the parking lot on Grand Opening day. I just need to run it through the City, and I need some help planning my Wii Rock Band competition. I have the perfect group of teenagers to volunteer for the job. *Thumbsup*

We'll paint and finish the restrooms this weekend, and then the contractors will hang the ceiling grid and tiles, install doors, and button up the electrical and HVAC endpoints. If all goes well, we should be opening our doors to the public on 9/13.

And that's all I got to say about that.

© Copyright 2010 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/705158-Thursday