*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/705548-Tuesday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#705548 added September 7, 2010 at 5:09pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
I can't believe how quickly the time flies. If I thought I was busy before, I had no idea what busy was. My last week:

Friday: Played at Potbelly and was pleasantly surprised by the early arrival of Robert Waltz , in town to see and help me with my new studio, Michelle Tuesday Music School  . After my set and a couple sammiches, he followed my over to the school. My signs were newly installed. Photos will be posted at Facebook shortly.

Saturday:Painting the interior of the studio all day. Ironically, the selected color was "Studio Taupe." *Thumbsup* After a hard day of labor, we made our way to Butter's Bar at the other end of the strip mall, where Waltz discovered God and Old Rasputin On Tap. (We heard at least twenty times: "Oh, my God! I can't believe they have Old Rasputin On Tap.") I expect a relocation soon.

Sunday: More painting. I had to ditch my volunteers to go sing at a wedding, which was good, because I earned more beer money.

Monday: A temporary heart attack when, after swiping my credit card and signing, the Kroger cashier informed me that my newly-acquired Home Depot gift cards (purchased at Kroger to earn the fuel perks, but with the intention to use immediately after the Kroger visit) might take up to 24 hours to activate. Luckily, the cards were activated by the time we reached Home Depot, but not before the poor Kroger cashier and customer service counter got a piece of my mind. Painting at a much reduced speed, several return trips to Home Depot, construction of a kick-ass movable stage, teacher bio and ad copywriting by Waltz, and the sad subsequent departure of Mr. Waltz.

Assuming Waltz can provide photos of the stage, those will also be uploaded shortly at Facebook.

Tuesday: Meeting with the contractor to discuss crooked framing, unfinished sections of drywall, and colors for baseboards and countertops. Today, the electrician is installing lights, and the doors and trim are being delivered. *Thumbsup*

My Grand Opening is postponed until 9/26.

Today's Meals
8:00 Coffee (1)
9:00 Donut (7)
10:00 Coffee (1)
12:00 Quarter bagel (1) with cheese (1.5)
1:00 Granola bar (3)
3:00 Chips (3) and some other nibbles (1)

Total Points: 18.5

© Copyright 2010 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/705548-Tuesday