*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/705644-Nothing-Going-Right
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#705644 added September 8, 2010 at 10:46pm
Restrictions: None
Nothing Going Right
Nothing going right.

Yesterday we cooked out and had steaks. The IGA in a little town west of here has great meats and we are never disappointed when we shop there.
I ate too much and paid for it last night. I forgot to take my Pepsid and I was up and down all night. Linda and Louise left for their great adventure and I know they will have a good time.

I got a call form Norbert (Hobo) telling me that if I was still interested in the ‘40 Ford fenders and hood I could drop by and pick them up. I did and loaded them into my Ford Ranger. It was a tight fit and things were stacked on top on each other. When I got home I realized that one of the fenders had fallen off. Now get this. I already had 2 extra right front fenders. Of the three I bought two were right front and 1 was left front. I really needed the left front one and which one do you suppose fell off…you guessed it, the left front. I backtracked looking for it but to no avail. Disgusted I came inside and there was a not on my answering machine. One of Hobo’s customers had spotted it on the side of the road and taken it back to his shop. I picked it up but sure wasted a lot of time up and down the road.

I also bought a shifter that I thought would be a good buy. Turned out that corrosion had set in and it no longer shifted. I soaked it in solvent and it loosened up but still the thing wouldn’t work. Finally I got the torch out and tried that. I got too close to a spring and melted it…what a waste of time and money. It was that kind of day…filled with little things that kept going wrong.

I worked in the shop until late trying to figure out how the good shifter I have is going to work…I had a solution but it would have resulted in the shifter coming up through the bottom of the drivers seat. It’s been a very frustrating two days. I‘ll be glad when Linda gets home.


© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/705644-Nothing-Going-Right