*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/706002-Recovering-from-the-Trip
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#706002 added September 13, 2010 at 7:45pm
Restrictions: None
Recovering from the Trip

Recovering from the trip

Yesterday we returned from our adventure up the Mississippi. We got a great meal at the Red Lobster. Finding good food in this part of the country is always a challenge. Most of the time we wind up disappointed and feel like we wasted our money.

In Stillwater Michigan we found a bunch of antique stores that were worth going to visit. Most of the stuff is expensive junk. Just because something is old doesn’t mean it’s valuable. If it was crap when it was new how on this earth can one expect it to alter what it is. Even good stuff had its good days and bad days. Some very expensive name brand porcelain from companies with a reputation for quality turn out a lot of items that don’t live up to the billing.

I like porcelain figurines and they can be pricey. Sometimes you see one that was exquisitely rendered and you lust for it….I found two nice pieces. They were Dresden.

On Friday night we ate at a family restaurant. The food was dreadful. How anyone can operate a eating establishment as a professional enterprise and serve dreadful food boggles my mind. The fish tasted like it was left over from last week. Gross!

Chloe and Honey were glad to see us when we picked them up from the kennel. The owner had been very nice to them and gave them both a bath. He said they had been good dogs.

I stopped by to see how my engine that is supposed to be being cleaned is coming along. The machinist said he hadn’t gotten to it. I dropped it off two weeks ago and he hasn’t gotten to it. Not that I’m in a hurry but two weeks….that’s ridiculous.

This afternoon I worked on the shifter arms. I am having to fabricate new ones. Where the arm attaches to the shaft is a square opening so when the linkage arm exerts pressure it won’t slip. I had to cut these off and weld on new arms. I used my TIG welder and it worked beautifully. I also finished up the transmission stand.

It was a good slow day, The weather was beautiful. Life is good.

© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/706002-Recovering-from-the-Trip