*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/706283-ROE-1-Article-1---Avatarpaper-Movie-Review
by Jeff
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #1666661
My collection of entries for the Running on Empty Contest.
#706283 added April 14, 2011 at 2:32pm
Restrictions: None
ROE 1: Article #1 - Avatarpaper Movie Review

PROMPT: Movie Review

AVATARPAPER:
PLENTY OF BANG FOR YOUR BUCK


The viewing experience that one undergoes when watching a movie like Avatarpaper is often hard to describe. Hilarious in a twisted sort of way, it was completely bittersweet, from beginning to end. And sure, this is one of those films that will incite debate among its audiences. Was the liposuction surgery absolutely necessary? Maybe, maybe not. It’s a question for the ages, and one that may not have an answer, like “Is this my floor?” or “I know you are, but what am I?” Questions that will keep people guessing until long after the curtain call.

But what you really need to know about this movie is the following: as a man who prides himself on his stoicism, I cried until there were no more tears. The suspense was unbearable, Clooney and Lohan were surprisingly compatible, and the scenery in Yemen was beautiful. The story was gripping from start to finish, and since he’s a total slimeball, it made you want to yell along with Lohan as she retorts, ”No, you’re a total slimeball!” It was definitely one of those movie moments that will make the highlight reel at next year’s Oscars. Or at least make it onto a T-Shirt that will soon be half off at Macy’s.

The director really hits you where it counts – as only Mel Brooks could. His dialogue is impeccably realistic, authentic, and funny. Who could forget the instant classic, “Who had garlic for breakfast?” Or the “Hey! Get your hand off my” / “That wasn’t my hand...” exchange? The comedy timing was impeccable.

The real question Hollywood always asks with hit movies these days is whether there’s sequel potential. Will audiences want to see another movie with these characters and this world in which they exist? And honestly, all I can say to that is I want three, please. Keep ‘em coming because I find myself compelled to watch. Just please don’t tell my probation officer.



(329 words)
© Copyright 2011 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/706283-ROE-1-Article-1---Avatarpaper-Movie-Review