*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/706368-and-the-Journey-Begins
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by AmyR
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1696664
Thoughts, loves, quirks, rants and inspiration!
#706368 added September 17, 2010 at 6:03pm
Restrictions: None
...and the Journey Begins
In 2009 I turned 35 and had a minor thirty-life crisis. Mind you I have a wonderful life. A loving husband, three incredible children, a supportive family and a rewarding career.





I felt though, that I was missing something. That I wasn't doing what I was meant to be doing. My life was off kilter and after some debating with my best friend I realized that it was time.





For years I have been writing, and toying and playing with fiction. I was never able to grab it and hold on. On that day I resolved that the playing was going to end. I was going to write if it killed me. I needed to give that side of me a fighting chance.





I began slowly, unsure of what it was I as doing. I wrote some fanfiction, played around, and experimented. Then the annual novel writing contest rolled around. It is held every year over Labor Day Weekend. The challenge, to write an entire novel start to finish over a four day period.





So I got all of my outlines and notes together and I started my novel. I worked over the next four days and at the end of it I was exactly half finished. While I didn't complete the novel I did create momentum that kept me writing everyday for the next two months until I completed my very first novel.





Now it is a few weeks until Labor Day weekend a year later. I have since completed another novel and started two others. I have learned so much since this journey began and I am still learning every day.





I would like to say, proudly, that as of today, Sunday Aug 22nd I have been offered a 2 yr publishing contract for my second novel.





I did it! With the help and support of a lot of people. It took almost two years but I have made the leap.





And so now the real journey begins...

© Copyright 2010 AmyR (UN: amyromine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyR has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/706368-and-the-Journey-Begins