*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703285-Seriously---Who-Moved-My-Cheese
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by AmyR
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1696664
Thoughts, loves, quirks, rants and inspiration!
#703285 added August 5, 2010 at 11:09pm
Restrictions: None
Seriously - Who Moved My Cheese?
A few years ago my company merged with another and we were all assigned as part of out yearly reviews to the read the book, 'Who Moved My Cheese?" by Dr. Spencer Johnson. It is a dialog that deals with how we as individual deal with change. Dramatic or subtle we all react differently.





So in the beginning of the book you are thinking that you deal with change fine, no problem. Life is full of change, how would it effect me or the way I deal with others?





By the end of the book you have changed your tune somewhat. Even if not, you have become aware of the effects it can have on your outlook, your reactions, your life.





Change, chosen or thrust upon means a bend in the road, a curve around the corner, an unexpected twist of fate.





My life, as of late, had been filled with lots of little of these twists. From my car of ten years dying, to having to move my office (again) or losing a few friends due to the every changing job market. To you, the reader, these may seem like insignificant adjustments to one's daily life.





I am, however, becoming confused at the severe effect these 'changes' are having on my...existence. Everything is seemingly unsettled as if I just experienced a personal earthquake. Now I need to clean up the mess, right?





Yet I find myself seated in the middle of the room staring dumbfounded at the broken pictures and mementos, the shift in my furniture, and the smell of gas seeping into the room.





What now?





Well, for me, I put on a song. It is cheesy but it works.





Maybe you've heard of it?





Stand - Rascal Flatts (chorus)





Cause when push comes to shove


You taste what you're made of


You might bend till you break


Cause it's all you can take





On your knees you look up


Decide you've had enough


You get mad, You get strong


Wipe your hands, shake it off


Then you stand...





If you've never heard it I highly suggest it. It is one of those power, belt it out at the top of your lungs, because you can songs. You fall into it and by the end you feel a thousand times better!





So the conclusion of this little rant is the power of change and of words. They can both be thrust, hidden, chosen and even denied. Any way you slice it, they have weight and impact. For a moment and some for a lifetime.





Listen, Learn, Laugh, Love and most of all Stand.

© Copyright 2010 AmyR (UN: amyromine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyR has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703285-Seriously---Who-Moved-My-Cheese