*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/706920-Another-Day-on-the-Farm
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#706920 added September 24, 2010 at 9:58pm
Restrictions: None
Another Day on the Farm
Another Day on the Farm…(….and the skies were cloudy all day)

It was another blustery day. The wind was cold for this time of year and I didn’t want to get up. Finally I got my butt in gear and went outside. The task for the day was to get the splitter in position to start splitting the huge blocks from the Oak trunk I had sliced into manageable chunks. Barely manageable they turned out to be. Had one fallen on me I’de be spending the night in intensive care. I split 3 of the 12 that were out there and it started to rain. Let it never be said I don’t have sense enough to come in out of the rain. It was a great excuse to dry off and get warm.

Linda came out with the camera and took some pictures. I will try and post them with the blog tomorrow. It will give my limited blog readers an idea of the scope of the task. I picked up the distributor cap in town and am getting close to seeing if that engine will fire up.

I went by Pfieffers and he has moved the S10 so maybe he has started work on removing the cab and bed…as if I don’t have enough irons in the fire already.

This Sunday I need to go to church…I try and make it once a month and drop my check off. Most of the rural churches are gone from the farm scene as the small farms dried up and the Big Agro Producers moved in. Still those that remain do a lot of good for those who still remain. Everybody is getting old, but there are some retirees moving into the area that manage to keep the church going.

I took the dogs for a walk and thought about the shop projects and what I plan to write in my serial at Writing.com. I might also dust off some of my poems and submit them to a contest at www.winningwriters.com. Everyone has crashed….think I’ll join them.


© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/706920-Another-Day-on-the-Farm