*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/706860-Trip-to-Madison
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#706860 added September 23, 2010 at 11:01pm
Restrictions: None
Trip to Madison
Last night we had another series of storms. Our Black Lab is afraid of lightening and thunder and was up and down off the bed for hours on end. Finally it passed and the sun was coming up. This year the drought ended in Central Wisconsin. It has rained all summer.

We got up and for a treat went to the Red Hill for breakfast. Linda had the SOS and I had the double order of bacon and toast. That left two pieces for the dogs who were waiting with anticipation as we came back to the car. Then we set off for Madison and our weekly adventure to the big city.

The first place we stopped was Barnes and Noble book store. Linda got three books and I got a magazine on Writing Contests produced by Writing Digest. On the way home we stopped at Gander Mountain, Wall-Mart and Westfield.

We stopped at the Bank for our weekly draft and I went into the parts store where Roger ordered me a rebuilt starter and distributor and I picked up a set of plug wires, a set of points and a condenser.

When we got home I went to work to finish blocking the tree trunk I felled yesterday. It took me three fill-ups on that big saw and I still haven’t finished the job.

Tonight I edited episodes from my serial about the romance between Frank the Car Builder and his girlfriend Beth, the Real Estate Broker. The series was inspired by a class I am taking and a weekly contest I’m entering.

Tomorrow I hope to finish up with the tree but probably won’t until this weekend or later…More rain predicted for tonight…Chloe is really going to love that.

© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/706860-Trip-to-Madison