*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/706987-Small-town-Mississippi
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#706987 added September 25, 2010 at 8:28pm
Restrictions: None
Small town Mississippi
We had Richland Day today. This is our little town's annual festival. There are booths selling things, performances, and at the end, lawnmower races that all the aldermen and prominent people of the town take part in. One thing they did wrong: moved it from October to September. It's still too hot in September to do anything outside in Mississippi. I almost burned up in the thirty minutes I spent there.

My husband has a little group at the Upper Elementary that he teaches violin lessons to, which my three children are a part of, and they performed. They did exceedingly well. I got a chair and put it under a tree. There was a good little breeze, and that was nice. When I went to walk around the booths I almost croaked from heat exhaustion.

They are having fireworks in a minute which we are going to. I love fireworks.

At the beginning of the hurricane season - June 1 - they showed the list of hurricane names, as they always do. My name, Lisa, was on there, as was my son's, Matthew. Lisa came and went - it just fizzled out. I think Matthew is supposed to throw us a little bad weather tonight, though! *Laugh* Also, it is supposed to be cooler next week. That is to say that the high will be in the high eighties instead of the high nineties. One of my goals in life is to one day live where the weather is 78 degrees all year long.

© Copyright 2010 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/706987-Small-town-Mississippi