*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/707013-The-truth-and-hurt-feelings
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1527474
A glimspse into my musings ... as rambling, twisted & demented as they may be
#707013 added September 26, 2010 at 11:03am
Restrictions: None
The truth and hurt feelings
There are a lot of sayings about truth and the telling of it. One of my favorites is "The truth shall set you free." Words mean different things to each of us and to me ... I have always been "set free" by writing. When I am troubled I often let my worries flow in the form of the written word be it in the guise of fiction or in the emotional purge of a journal/BLOG. Both are ways to vent, to talk out your problems, to express yourself and yet they are equally dangerous.

What moves us more than the plight of family and friends … the people that we love? Nothing. Most of us are more protective and empathic of those we love than of ourselves. How many times have you watched a loved one, be it a child or adult, and wished to take their pain on yourself rather than watch them suffer?? If like me, many. These sufferings can take in many things these days from the physical welfare of your loved ones to the financial. We watch those around us struggling as we struggle ourselves and we worry. When these things build up many of us either find someone to talk to or we pour out our worries and frustrations in words.

*Names have been changed to protect the innocent* ... or not so innocent. How many times have we seen this disclaimer, or even seen no names used at all? Plenty. Unfortunately it doesn’t prevent people from recognizing themselves and they may not be overly flattered by your concern. When faced with their struggles in the harsh medium of black and white people may feel as if suddenly they are under a spot light, that their whole life is on a billboard for the world to see. They may feel embarrassed and furious that someone they trusted has tossed their dirty laundry on the front fence. They don’t note the names changed or withheld, they feel as if their mask has been ripped away. They don’t see the concern behind the words, they see betrayal.
 
In the world of BLOGs, Facebook, and twitter, people have the ability to reach worldwide in seconds with their words. Remember the feelings of the people behind your feelings when you vent. A friendship forged over hours and years can be ended in that same second.

© Copyright 2010 Mara ♣ McBain (UN: irish_hussy69 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mara ♣ McBain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/707013-The-truth-and-hurt-feelings