*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/707892-Computer-Getting-Used-to
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#707892 added October 7, 2010 at 8:41am
Restrictions: None
Computer Getting Used to
Computer Challenges

Today has been busy for Linda. She went to Stephens Point and picked up my new computer and bought the dogs new collars to replace the stinking ones they tainted by rolling in the dead animal. UGH!

I empties the trailers so we could use them to pick up some more wood. Then I cut the yard…it is huge and was just finishing when she got home.

The computer, a Dell Laptop is very nice but it has a browser that can’t seem to get writing.com to load. Plus I had to find Microsoft word and I got the setting screwed up and wound up on the Microsoft office end the processing spectrum. New computers can be very frustrating. I use the delete button a lot and on my older Compaq it is on the end of the top row of keys…. With the Dell it is burried in the middle of the top row….UGH!

I had a couple of new ideas for the Serial and it came together in my mind with a CLICK. When that happens I know I can write the novella and went to work on the third serial. I have often marveled at how authors come up with these exciting storylines fraught with missunderstandings, frustration and unrequited love. It is sort of neat to have finally come up with one of my own…after all this time…not that I have ever been a serious writer. I had a profession to follow and other responsibilities that distracted me from a talent I knew was burried somewhere deep down inside.

While I don’t have delusions of grandeur and hardly need further success to put food on the table, I do have faith in my abilities and intend to nurthre them for what I can. I think most of you at this site can relate to what I’m trying to say.

Tomorrow we will be going to Wausaw…I need to get Linda out of here and have us spend some quality time together. My son in law is back from Iraq and will be having a change of command at Ft. Riley the end of October. I don’t think we will be able to make it given Linda’s work schedule. We were glad he made it home OK.



© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/707892-Computer-Getting-Used-to