*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/708033-Quality-Time-With-Linda
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#708033 added October 8, 2010 at 11:24pm
Restrictions: None
Quality Time With Linda
Quality time with Linda

Today started with a bang! Linda and I had breakfast and we discussed how my novella was going to play out. Then I cleaned up the chapter I wrote last night and posted it. It was Linda who gave me the idea to make Don Francisco the protagonist although I played around with the idea of using his sister Maria is that role. I see her as being in the middle of everything and suited to narrate the story. Linda convinced me to go with Don Francisco. At first I tried writing him in third person but it just didn’t seem to want to work. Then I decided to try first person and that seemed to fit better but I’m not accustomed to writing from that viewpoint and wonder if the story will suffer as a consequence. I’ll try it for a while and see what happens.

The word processor on my new computer has a version of “Word” that is very powerful. It follows behind me making highlights corrections and showing all my mistakes. The more I write the better my spelling and grammar get. Still learning and using a new computer is a pain and even though I replaced my old one with another laptop there is still a huge learning curve getting used to the key board and finding out where the software is located.

I submitted a poem, “Sheba” to a contest that looked interesting. I had to go back and rework it a little bit. After a poem sits a while and the heat begins to cool you read it more objectively and can really do a good job polishing it. Letting a literary work cure is a good idea if you can bear the temptation posting and getting it out there for people to see.

Went to the Wooden Nickel for supper and had a good hamburger. The place was full of patrons drinking and talking loud. I hope I never reach the point where all I have to do in life is sit at a bar and get sloshed. I did that for a time after I retired and decided that wasn’t for me.

I discovered today that Nano doesn’t start until 1 November…the rules say you can do prep work but can’t begin to write before then….since I am already into chapter 4 I think I’ll just continue on my present course.

© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/708033-Quality-Time-With-Linda