*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/708031-Published
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1527474
A glimspse into my musings ... as rambling, twisted & demented as they may be
#708031 added October 8, 2010 at 11:02pm
Restrictions: None
Published!!!
What an awesome day it has been!!! I logged on this morning to find out that my beloved friend, NickiD89 has had a short story accepted to a print anthology!!! *Balloon5* I was so stoked for her!!! *Bigsmile* Then in typical Nicki fashion she decided to think of someone besides herself and suggested I submit a story as well. *Shock* Can you say scared shitless?? *Laugh* So with a lot of encouragement from Nicki ... a step by step email on how to make an RTF file ... AND a panicked phone call from me because I failed to scroll down to find the RTF option ... *Blush* ... I submitted my short story, "In a Moment's Breath."

When that went fairly well ... I thought 'what the heck, I will double my chances' and I submitted "Old Glory." Thennn after several hours of sitting around wondering about those two ... I started looking at the other anthologies that were looking for submissions and wellll submitted "Muse" to one.

THEY ACCEPTED ALL THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Shock* I am in heaven! I am beyond over the moon! Here I am with a grin that just won't quit and everyone is sleeping or not answering their phones!!! *Bigsmile* Sooooo there ... I shared it with the cyber world!

I want to thank NickiD89 for her encouragement, assistance, and awesome friendship. It was great to talk to her on the phone today and put a voice to that beautiful smiling face. *Heart* AND I want to thank Adriana Noir who is not only my Terror Twin, but my proof reader and biggest fan as well. She sat on the other end of the phone most the afternoon and listened to me refresh my email every 5 minutes. *Laugh*

It is amazing to be in a community of writers and to have such great friends. *Heart*


© Copyright 2010 Mara ♣ McBain (UN: irish_hussy69 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mara ♣ McBain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/708031-Published