*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/708044-Kindle
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#708044 added October 9, 2010 at 4:36am
Restrictions: None
Kindle!
My Kindle arrived today (or I guess technically it was yesterday). *Bigsmile* My wife and I bought ourselves a Kindle to share as a joint-anniversary present, and I have to say that so far... it's awesome. The Kindle itself is incredibly light and portable, and the screen is amazingly clear. Although the coolest feature of all is WhisperSync, which allows you to synchronize your Kindle handheld with all the other Kindle readers you have. Which means that if I download a book on my Kindle and start reading it, I can set down my Kindle and open up the Kindle reader on my laptop to the exact same page I left off. I even have a Kindle reader for my iPhone, so all the books I read sync instantly between the Kindle itself, my laptop, and my iPhone... all but guaranteeing I'll never be without a book again.

When I go on trips, I can take dozens of books on the Kindle, rather than doing what I usually do, which is try to cram half a dozen books into my tiny suitcase. When I'm waiting at the doctor's office, or for a table to open up at a restaurant, I can read those dozens of books on my iPhone without having to carry one under my arm all the time. And if the storage on my Kindle ever runs out (it holds 3,500 books), I can archive the ones I've already read on my computer's hard drive.

Not to mention the fact that I can download and subscribe to magazines and newspapers.

To start off, I downloaded Trunk Music by Michael Connelly (the book in his Harry Bosch series that I left off with), and The Killing Floor, the first book in the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child. I imagine there will be quite a few others joining this pair in the coming months, but I didn't want to get too many too quickly. *Smile*

It may still be the first 24 hours of having one... but I highly recommend the Kindle. It's great.

© Copyright 2010 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/708044-Kindle