*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/708697-Column-for-advent
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#708697 added October 17, 2010 at 11:40pm
Restrictions: None
Column for advent
I was asked to write a short devotional for a local Advent booklet. Thought I'd see if anyone would care to comment on the following.

Psalm 97:1-6
   
      Sometimes the world can seem overwhelming and frightening. Wars wage on, governments are corrupt, and politics are dishonest and self-serving. Nuclear weapons, terrorism, and drug cartels  make us anxious. While people lose their homes, their jobs, and their savings,  costs--including health care costs--and crime go up. Technology makes the invasion of our privacy a fact of life. Our personal lives change, too, as we grow older and see our families struggle in an increasingly immoral, fast-paced world. 

        Yet, the psalmist reminds us that our God is an awesome God! He is the Almighty, the Creator! He is the One and Only true God, and He is still in charge. Nature itself gives testimony to His greatness and to His glory and righteousness. His foes cannot stand up to His power. He is steadfast and unchanging. Though everything else may change, He stays the same. This knowledge comforts us and gives us peace in a turbulent world.

        Are you weary today? Do you feel anxious? Does the news depress you or the future worry you?  Take time to praise God. Focus on His greatness and let His peace enfold you.

      Almighty God, Everlasting Father, I lift your holy name in worship. You are worthy of praise and adoration. Thank you for your steadfast love and unchanging nature. Fill me with trust and faith in You. I rejoice that my God rules! Amen

Word Count: 235 (300max)
For Dec. 20

© Copyright 2010 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/708697-Column-for-advent