*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/709093
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1508897
Blogging/Journaling/Complaining on an entirely inconsistent basis.
#709093 added October 22, 2010 at 9:01pm
Restrictions: None
Cell Phones Rudeness
I do not think there is anything ruder than for someone who I am supposedly visiting or talking with to receive a call, answer it immediately and (1) try to talk to both of us at the same time or (2) ignores me for the phone call.

Let me give you some examples:
Ted & Jane are our week-end guests.  They live about 3 hours from us and we are always glad to see them.  However, the following things have occurred over the last few years concerning the damn cell phones:
(1)  Jane receives many phone calls....from her children who are grown and married and who she probably speaks with several times daily.  If we are watching TV, it doesn't matter.  Jane takes her phone call right where she is and we are forced to listen and can't hear the TV.
(2)  The four of us love to play cards.  Jane receives numerous phone calls and proceeds to have long (!!!!!) conversations with usually her kids or a son-in-law she is trying to hold on to until her daughter--his wife comes home from living with a boyfriend.    As her partner in the game, I don't appreciate her non-attention.  I get tired of saying, "Jane, it's your turn."  "Jane, your play."  "Discard, Jane."
(3)  Last time they came for a visit they both had new phones with internet and games.  So, most of the day she and her husband spent playing games on their phone...either by themselves or with each other and others on line.  There was very little visiting or card playing that week-end.  I have to wonder why they even came.
(4)  Once we went to a town 25 miles away to eat.  I had told them that my school was playing ball that night and I would be listening on the radio while we drove home.  I couldn't hear.  She talked on the phone and no matter how high I turned the radio up--I know two wrongs do not make a right--she'd just talk louder.

Same Subject, Second Foot:
I do not like shopping and having people carry on conversations within my hearing.  I don't want to know anything about their lives and especially not the gossip they are discussing.  I don't mind being in a store where someone might call and ask if they need to pick up something.  I do that also, but I try to make sure someone is not within hearing range.

Same Subject, Third Foot:

People who wear the little ear thingys are going to drive me crazy.  I am standing beside someone at the grocery store and we are both looking at the shelf.  They are talking to me?  I look at them and start to say "excuse me?"  when
I realize the conversation has nothing to do with me.  The other day this is what I heard and it scared me to death.  (I will admit this was an important phone call.) "The house is on fire?" My house is on fire?  The police took Rick to jail?  My husband has been carted off to jail, did you say?  I am prepared to run immediately home, but the lady beside me has already fled.  LOL.

Okay.  I will get off this subject, and let the horse have one foot on the ground.



© Copyright 2010 Rixfarmgirl (UN: rixfarmgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rixfarmgirl has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/709093