*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/709450-Premonitions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#709450 added May 18, 2014 at 6:25am
Restrictions: None
Premonitions
It seems my telepathic skills and gut feelings aren't completely useless. My forecast that something untoward was imminent was nothing like I'd expected or as bad as I feared, but nevertheless it was a bumpy weekend, in more ways than one.

My son was involved in a road accident on Sunday. Fortunately, the children and Mey Ling were at a park and he'd just nipped to fetch the car to park it closer, so he was the only one inside. Fortunately too, the accident wasn't his fault and he was the third vehicle to be hit, so suffered less damage than others. Even more fortunately he was unhurt and his car is repairable. Unfortunately, the driver of the vehicle who caused the accident was uninsured, but hopefully this can be resolved without any conflict or payments from my son.

They'd been over to see us on Saturday and to all intents and purposes things are pretty much back to being reasonable. We enjoyed dinner together and helped them look for rental accommodation on the internet. However, later in the afternoon there was an incident of domestic violence. *Shock*

After reading Dylan his one and only favourite story 'The three billy goats gruff' he decided to swing his head rather swiftly towards mine and somehow managed to collide with the bone around my eye. Trip trap, trip trap, bang, bang, bang indeed. After waiting for the excruciating pain to subside I noticed there'd not been a murmur from him. That kid is made of concrete I swear.

Anyway, come Sunday morning I was greeted by this awful apparition and it's got a lot worse since then, believe me.

If I participated in Halloween celebrations I'd be half way there on the makeup front.

They say things happen in threes, so I'm treading very carefully to ensure the third bump doesn't involve me.








© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/709450-Premonitions