*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/709858-No-No-November
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#709858 added October 31, 2010 at 8:46pm
Restrictions: None
No No November
It is now officially November here in the U.K. Not a month I dislike apart from the bonfire night hype and increasing humbug mania. Colours and weather conditions are generally better than anticipated and I'm quite content to draw the curtains at four in the afternoon and chill out for the rest of the evening, hubby and football on TV permitting.

The black eye has gone through all its colour spectrums and I anticipate looking as human as possible by Thursday. There are reasons for this apart from meeting my sis for one of her more than welcome visits, but I'm not disclosing them here. *Pthb* Eat your hearts out. All may or may not be revealed, but it's nothing too scandalous I assure you.

I managed the hike last Thursday and thoroughly enjoyed it apart from the one muddy incline. I love walking, but hate slopes. I guess I'm going to have to get used to them however as I really want to join in as many walks as possible. My new walking boots are now declared comfortable and decidedly mucky.

Paul and family visited yesterday. Mey Ling resisted retiring to bed, but did lie down on the sofa as she claimed Dylan had kept her awake most of the night. *Rolleyes* Dylan didn't seem to have been affected however and was his usual lively, amusing self, although I was very careful to avoid his concrete head. They are still looking for a suitable house to move to and I hope and pray they'll find something soon.

Hubby has spent the week nursing one of his arthritic attacks which render him immobile and fit for nothing. No golf, no help in the home but he is still able to fall asleep in front of the football on TV.*Pthb* Hopefully things will improve in the next week or there could be a murder most horrid or a Scarlett with no hair.

The third blow did arrive, but not in the physical sense. Having reached pensionable age I've had to fill in a multitude of forms regarding finances and income. For whatever reasons and because of some neglect, I received notification my tax code has been wrongly assessed and I now need to pay back a serious amount of money. It seems I can say goodbye to any pension for at least a year.

Oh well, it's only money. But money I haven't got. I guess my path in life never intended me to be rich, lucky or blessed. But I have to ask one question.

WHY NOT? *Laugh*



© Copyright 2010 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/709858-No-No-November