*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/710667-Chapter-1-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by maud
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1721565
It is a story of a snow girl who persists her dream of seeking for the light.
#710667 added November 7, 2010 at 9:44pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 1 (2)
The next day when Vengila goes out, she finds that Eky is sitting beside the quiet lake, reaching her hands into the water now and then. Even the wind would not like to come around her in fear of getting infected by her sorrows. So she comes to her and asks, “What’s wrong?”


“Why is there no light in our life? Why the sky is always gloomy? Why is the land always dreary? Why do we have no goals or dreams for the future but only wasting our time eating and sleeping day and night?”Her eyes are full of bleak struggles and disappointment, dry enough to be ignited by a little sparkle. Those deep desires expand quickly in her eyes which then form a threatening power around her.


Vengila does not know what to do. She has to admit that Eky is different from any other snow people. She is so intelligent and desiring for higher level of life which the other snow people would never think about. “Honey, this snow land has been like this for millions of years, far more before we are here. It is our fate to be here and it cannot be changed. Our way of life is traditional and inherited from so many generations without any doubts. The white land, the gloomy sky, the dull life, the day without light, we take all these as granted. “


Tears come down from Eky’s eyes, half frozen in the piercing wind. “But I want to see the light, the legendary light, which can give people warmth and hope. I want the light, which makes the day bright and the world beautiful. It’s like we are deaf living in a totally dark world. The old people always say that there is light, sunlight somewhere in the end of the world. It must be true. I want it. I feel so cold here. My life is so meaningless without any progress.”


Those words sounds like rolling stones from the peak of the mountain down to the earth left a huge pounding sound in Vengila’s heart. She even does not know whether she should laugh or sigh. “Eky, we are snow people. We are destined to live in this cold area. If you go to seek the light, then the moment you get the true light, you will begin to melt and in the end disappear. Disappearance means death to us. Don’t you understand? Why does a snow girl want to see the light that can completely destroy herself in a minute? Why do you want to get your destruction?”


“If I get the sunlight, I will melt, but at least I have finished my journey of dreaming and seeking and succeeding and enjoying. If I live here like the others, there is no much for me to do and all my life, all my days of living is nothing but blank pages with no traces. Life can be short, but not empty. If I can get the light that I love, then the whole journey is the epitaph for my life, but if I cannot get light and continue this dull life, then no matter how long my life is, it is only a true grave for me. I do not want to live in a grave on earth when I am alive and live in a grave under earth when I die. “ Eky persists.


Anger begins to grow in Vengila’s heart. “Don’t you understand? The story of warm light is only a story, a legend no one of us snow people can prove. Nobody knows whether there is really beautiful sunlight somewhere, and nobody knows whether there is really something called sun exits. It is only a legend. Nobody ever thinks of getting the light or getting rid of our normal life. We are snow people who have our way of life for thousands of years, and what is more important, we are snow people who should not love light! Dear baby, come with me, let’s go home.”


She wants to grasp Eky by hand, but gets rejection.


“Oh my dear Vengila, the most respectable woman in our land. I know it is hard for you to understand why I need light. But it is the same for me to understand how you can be so tolerant of our life which has no significance, no values and no points. I love light, the legendary brightness which gives life to flowers, grass, animals and everything on the earth. I love light, the legendary brightness which gives people colors, hopes, promises and happiness. These days my heart is like a boiling volcano, and those uncontrollable desires for light burn in my heart, which nearly drive me crazy and burn me into a flame ball. I want to see the light! That is the goal for my life! I want to realize it!” she cries.


“Then go.” Suddenly says vengila, unfolding her hand. Of course she does not expect Eky to go and in fact she thinks may be when she set aside, Eky will calm down.


But what she does not presume is that Eky runs at the moment Vengila release her hand, so fast, as if Vengila is the blizzard which swallows the whole world. She runs so fast that Vengila has no possibility to get her back. In a moment, she disappears.


© Copyright 2010 maud (UN: maud25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
maud has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/710667-Chapter-1-2