*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711460-Chapter-1-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by maud
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1721565
It is a story of a snow girl who persists her dream of seeking for the light.
#711460 added November 15, 2010 at 4:01pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 1 (3)
Those little cone-shape snow houses seem like fingertips sink into huge, threatening vortex. The farther she goes, the smaller those snow houses become. That tribe, once her habitat, now looks more like a web woven desultorily by a secret hand. Farewell, my home, the place I live, but not love. I am going to pursue my soul home, my spiritual home, the one I believe I can have. But why tears still run down my cheeks? What strange emotions are fiddling my heartstrings? Alas, it is where I have lived for such a long time, once I leave it, l lose it. Lost is the most unbearable pain in life, nonetheless, life is the synonym of lost.


Kinds of trees root deeply in this land, with their tops resisting the attacks of blizzards. Luckily, their colors, gray or white or green, really contribute necessary decoration for this dull land. White is beautiful, undoubtedly, but white everywhere is nearly blinding and hurts people a lot. With different colors here and there, the feeling of vitality begins to arise in her heart. Only three colors can make such great changes, what about thousands of colors under the light? She becomes excited and looks up in the sky, nothing there except the always moving, never ending clouds. What is behind the clouds? There must be something behind the clouds and something behind those behind the clouds and this circle will go on and on endlessly. What a wonderful world outside!


She runs and sings, like a free snowflake wandering around under the help of mercy winds. Later that day, she is tired, and sits down under one tree to have a rest. It is when she sits down that she realizes how exhausted she is. She is alone, but it seems there are millions of burdens on her shoulders and back. “I have never been so far before. That is my first success.” She thinks and becomes a little proud.


She does not know when she went into sleep, but she does know how scary she feels when she wakes up finding that the world is in completely darkness. It is night now. No sounds can be heard except for the whispering of the wind. Who are the winds talking to? Are they talking to the darkness, which is said to be the devil that can destroy anything as long as it wishes? Is the darkness going to devour me? I have no home to hide, no friends to resort to.


It is so thrilling to be alone in the abysmal blackness. She is so scared that she even does not dare to move for fear that maybe as long as she moves, the devil will notice her existence and eat her up in a minute. Aye, that is the price for dream-pursuit: you have to bear so many obstacles and blockades that seem invincible, all by yourself, without the prediction of success or failure.


Is it worth of struggles?


What am I doing at this moment if I were in my little lobby, well, maybe I have finished my supper of snow and ice and get ready to listen to those stories vengila have heard from our ancestors, then go to sleep leisurely. With so many people around me, how can I get scared?


With no one here with me, how can I get fearless?


Stars! Those shining stars! Where are you now? I can see you when I was a little child, dancing around the moon, showing off your rays dauntlessly and forcing the moon to bow to your superiority. I can see the hatred for your rays makes the moon pallid. Sometimes the moon is so white in the dark sky that it steals all your thunder. What a cute competition! Where are you now? at least direct me!


She climbs up to the top of the tree, believing by this way the devil will not find her. Perching on the rough, thorny branches, she becomes more scary, what if I fall down to the ground? That would be disastrous, because she will become snow dusts at the moment her frail body collides with the stiff ground.


In desperation, she comes down to the ground again, sneaking in the darkness.
© Copyright 2010 maud (UN: maud25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
maud has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711460-Chapter-1-3