*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/710718-Nothing-Much
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#710718 added December 8, 2010 at 3:59am
Restrictions: None
Nothing Much
You'd think less time spent in Blogville reading and writing would mean more time for serious writing, housework or achievements of some worth. Not so in my case I'm afraid. *Blush*

Halloween and Bonfire Night are done and dusted thank God, but the Humbug hype is escalating daily. The weather has deteriorated and the nights are getting darker by the day, but at least my black eye is now a mere memory.

I enjoyed a lovely lunch and drink with an old schoolfriend on Thursday and then my sister arrived, so I enjoyed a lovely dinner and drink in the same venue. We then caught the train home and enjoyed a lovely evening and drink, by which time things became a little hazy. The next two days continued in a similar vein but we enjoyed them, though I doubt our livers would agree. *Blush*

Paul and family came over yesterday for dinner again. Would you believe he was involved in another road accident on Saturday? But yet again it was not his fault. The driver of the vehicle responsible drove off leaving the car he hit and the one that shunted into Paul to sort things out. Thankfully no one was hurt and the courtesy car Paul was driving suffered no damage apart from a tiny scratch.

The grandmonsters were in good form, but Mey Ling didn't feel too well so spent the afternoon asleep on the settee. We'll soon have permanent Mey Ling shaped indentations in our suite. *Rolleyes* Still no house secured, but they are looking at some more tomorrow. With under three weeks to go before they are due to move out of their present accommodation it's going to be a busy, expensive and worrying time for us all. Still, that's pretty much the way things always are these days, so I should be used to it.

I phoned the tax office about the underpayment I mentioned last entry, who then asked for the details in writing. I have now sent a letter and am awaiting the outcome. I'm hoping they will at least agree the error is not mine and therefore see it is not my responsibility to put it right. I don't expect things will go my way for one minute, but will keep fighting to the last.

My Dad has stayed upright and out of hospital for over a month, so that's almost a record for this year. Touching wood. Hubby seems to be physically recovered, but bad weather means no golf and more sport on television, so more physical injury may be on the cards. I will hide the weapons and any evidence very carefully however.

Nothing much else to report. I seem to have lost interest in a lot of things lately, even the price of carrots. *Shock*

© Copyright 2010 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/710718-Nothing-Much