*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711368
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Aster
Rated: ASR · Book · Other · #1724585
The title is pretty much self-explanatory.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#711368 added November 14, 2010 at 3:30pm
Restrictions: None
11.14.10 Entry - Max's Sock Puppet
               “You can’t let Max design it,” Lina said, her arms crossed over her chest.  “He can’t talk!”


         


                     “Just because you don’t have anything to say—“ Tom snapped.





                       Connie elbowed him.  “Miss Sandy’s watching!”





                       Tom looked over; the daycare worker strode about the room, commenting on different groups’ puppets.  Sometimes she’d glance at Tom, Connie, Max, and Lina’s group.





                       Turning back to his friend, Tom watched Max slip their half-finished sock puppet – a green snake with rolly eyes – over his olive-skinned hand.  A smile touched his face, and Tom felt even angrier at Lina. 





                       “Remember,” came Miss Sandy’s voice, and they turned to listen, “whoever wins the sock-puppet contest gets to share the prize!” With a flourish, she raised a rattling red bag into the air.  Tom’s mouth watered.  M&Ms.





                       He looked at Connie. From her huge eyes, he knew she wanted the candy as much as he did.





                       “Give it here,” Lina demanded, and snatched the snake off of Max’s hand.  He reared back, like Lina had hit him.  Smirking, Lina studied the half-made toy.  “I’ll win the contest.  Not the mute.  It needs a tongue.”





                       Connie looked ready to yank out a handful of Lina’s black hair, but Tom had a better idea.  Smiling, he stood.  “I’ll get it for you, Lina.”





                       Max knew what he was doing.  Tom went to Miss Sandy, asked for a felt tongue and stapler, and returned to his group.  He put the tongue beneath the eyes.  “There?”





                       “Duh,” Lina replied.





                       Max touched the top of his head.





                       Tom grinned.  “Nah...” He flipped the tongue and placed it above the eyes.  “This snake is gonna have a mohawk!”





                       Lina shrieked as Tom closed the stapler.  Max smiled.





                       Connie offered to share their M&Ms, but Lina didn’t touch them.





Word Count: 295
© Copyright 2010 Aster (UN: midnightaster at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Aster has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711368