*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711490-A-better-day
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#711490 added November 16, 2010 at 12:51am
Restrictions: None
A better day
Can't say why exactly, but I'm happier tonight. Bill came home a little after midnight for a few hours of sleep before it became light enough for planes to search for the downed aircraft. I'm not sure when he left, much earlier than I got up to go to work. The wreckage was sighted around mid-morning, no survivors. It was a single engine plane, a little older than the one we fly but comparable. The pilot evidently got into bad weather or something and crashed into the canyon wall. He was flying alone, but his siblings were among the ground crew searching, and they were the first on the scene. That's a grim picture.

I had a new patient today, another grim picture, a woman 15 yrs younger than I am, dying from a brain tumor, unable to communicate. On the only positive side, her husband kept her house very neatly for her, and she looked lovely in her bed by the window.

Felicia can't find her passport, and we're taking her and the kids on a cruise in December.

So, see, there's no good reason to be in a better mood. Except maybe it's just good not to be that woman in that bed, and not to have that man in that crashed airplane be my man.

And he just came in the door. So I'll go share a bottle of good merlot with him and go to bed early. *Inlove*

P.S. I'm thinking it was a better day because I was in a better space, thanks to my WDC friends' good listening.

© Copyright 2010 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711490-A-better-day