*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711724-Why-must-temptation-be-everywhere
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#711724 added November 18, 2010 at 1:45pm
Restrictions: None
Why must temptation be everywhere?
I'm trying to be healthier. Really, I am. I finally finished the convalescence following my surgery at the beginning of October and now I can gradually start exercising again. I have to start slow and recover a lot of my strength and endurance, but hey, you've got to start somewhere, right? I'm also trying to eat healthier, but temptation seems to find me everywhere. Today, someone brought donuts into the office. Last week, someone sent us cupcakes as a thank you for work we did for them at a premiere. The week before that, someone left the company and there was a party with cookies and cake.

I'm at peace with the fact that I have absolutely no willpower when it comes to sweets. I have a weakness for anything sugary - especially anything chocolate - and the only way I've been able to make sure I eat better is to keep that stuff out of the house, bring my lunch rather than go out somewhere, etc. But how am I supposed to fight the cravings when there's a friggin' box of donuts sitting on the desk right next to me? I can practically smell the doughy, glazed goodness. *Worry*

I suppose, in the larger picture, there are worse things to be addicted to than sugar. I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs... I don't drink coffee and I rarely drink soda... I don't eat fast food or other foods high in preservatives more than once every week or two... and I'd like to think all of that means I'm living a relatively healthy lifestyle (or not an unhealthy one, at least). Of course, that doesn't change the fact that I need to lose some weight.

Damn you, donuts. Damn you and your alluring siren call.

© Copyright 2010 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711724-Why-must-temptation-be-everywhere