*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711750-Earwigging
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#711750 added November 19, 2010 at 3:28am
Restrictions: None
Earwigging
I went shopping with my friend Joy yesterday. She bought a kettle and I bought an umbrella. You can’t say we’re not the last of the big spenders or that we don’t live life in the fast lane. *Rolleyes*

As there are only FORTY days left until my favourite time of year *Sick* we decided after lunch to force ourselves into some serious humbug shopping. After being subjected to the glitter, tinsel, trees, music, grottos, queues and general mayhem we decided to sod it and head for the pub.

We settled into an alcove with our drinks, perused the menu and ordered our meals. While we waited we decided to inspect our purchases. All two of them.

Joy took her kettle from its box.

‘It’s nice,’ I commented. ‘Much more compact than mine and I love the colour.’

‘Yes,’ agreed Joy. ‘And it turns red when it’s hot,’

'I need one like that. Mine's not functioning too well lately.'

My new umbrella was next up for inspection.

‘It’s heavy,’ I said as I took it from my bag.

‘It’s bigger than the average one though isn’t it?’ Joy observed.

‘Yes and I didn’t realise how thick it is either.’

‘Well, do you want to swap it for another?’ Joy asked.

‘No, it’s fine and black is always best don’t you think?’

It was at this point we heard some serious sniggering from the alcove adjoining ours.

Eavesdroppers should be careful how they interpret the conversation of others. Of course we had no idea what they were laughing at. *Wink*


© Copyright 2010 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711750-Earwigging