*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711910-The-Great-Secret-of-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#711910 added November 21, 2010 at 9:48am
Restrictions: None
The Great Secret of Life
The Great Secret of Life

Where was I…? Ah yes, on cycles and symbols.

Every time a writer completes a work he closes a loop….completes a cycle. When he/she finishes there is a containment structure and into this structure goes a piece of his/her spirit….That’s right a written work is a creative process and it is animated by the spirit of the writer. It takes on a life of its own just as a living thing is born, lives a while and then returns to the dust from whence it came so a literary work is born, goes on for a while and then returns to the dust from whence it came. What we write influences the life forms that read it and it energizes and animates and affects the course of their life cycle.

In our lifetimes it has been discovered that all living things have cells and inside each of these cells is the blueprint of the life form's genome. Billions of zillions of copies of these blueprints walk, (crawl…slink?) about this planet as people, dogs, giraffes, viruses and amoebas, to mention a few. Who do you suppose wrote these blueprints….God you answer…some unknowable sprit….some traveler from outer space?...something hidden inside one of those dimensions currently being theorized…was the code a fragment ripped from the body of some huge corpus at the “Big Bang?” Was it a cosmic seed buffeted by the winds of the Universe? Beats the heck out of me…I have no clue who wrote the code of life that keeps replicating on this planet and adapting and continuously changing its form…What I do know is that some “Thing” did…A novel doesn’t write itself….Eternity isn’t long enough for a legion of monkeys banging typewriters to happen on the right code and the perfect conditions for life to take hold and begin evolving…It takes more than the right combination of soup in a primordial pool....It takes a nurtureer...that's why we have mothers.

Just as a writer arranges symbols into a work of literature and that literature springs to life in a receptive and fertile imagination so life does the same thing…while I don't know who wrote the code of life I will speculate….The writer of the code was out to cheat death….He/She wrote the specifications for a containment vessel (A cell with a capacity to replicate, adapt and evolve) imbued it with the energy of the cosmos and set it adrift in defiance of the counter forces that arose in opposition…The writer crawled inside and has been holed up there in ever since.

A piece of the writer/creator is in every life form and as the elements cry out in agony... as the energy animates the form... the creator cheats death and cries out in the joy of immorality…As the energy destroys from within and the elemental powers erode and crush from without.. the life form replicates and before death can have its final victory a new generation is born.

Well blog buddies….you can tell your grandchildren that you heard it first proclaimed on writing.com…That you were cruising the internet when the great revelation was posted on an obscure blog in Percy’s portfolio.

“Where’s the proof you frackin moron?" comes a cry from the peanut gallery followed by an overripe tomato.

"Be patient you doubter…" I reply…."I've answers and will be sharing more tomorrow."


© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711910-The-Great-Secret-of-Life