*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711928
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#711928 added January 19, 2011 at 1:13am
Restrictions: None
Time To Call It A Career
He gave it his all and it hasn't been good enough of late.

Brett Favre can step aside now knowing he's been bested by father time and not feel ashamed. Most people his age cannot say they've achieved as much.

Ironic that it is the Green Bay Packers, the team that spurned him, who are helping close the door(again) on a great career. They paid a great price for sending him to the showers too early.

Favre ultimately pays the price with his body and his legacy, though the latter should remain in tact. No one will forget the great memories and the love of the game. But there is little of that to savor now.

Favre should be the one who decides to step aside and let the Vikings find out what they have going forward the rest of this season. I would support an abrupt exit to his Mississippi home to reclusively mend and look to more time with his grandchild.

No shame in saying 'no mas'. Many would have been counted out on the canvas long ago.

Thanks for the memories Mr. Favre. The hall awaits you.



© Copyright 2011 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711928